Parks Dept.: Shelter fees going up | Sports & Recreation
For the first time in more than 10 years, the Evansville Department of Parks & Recreation says its daily shelter house rental fees at Evansville's parks are increasing.
The Parks Board voted Wednesday to increase the rental fee by $20 for all shelter houses at Wesselman, Mesker and Garvin Parks.
Denise Johnson, Executive Director of the Parks Department, says anyone who rented a shelter prior to Wednesday's vote will not be charged the higher rate.
According to the City of Evansville website, the shelters are available from April 1st through October 31st.
For more information on sheter house rental, visit http://www.evansvillegov.org/index.aspx?page=579.
Top West Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Jason Perry faces murder charge in Princeton restaurant parking lot shooting
- Friend of Princeton shooting victim speaks to 14 News
- Living in Tornado Alley means underground shelters for local residents
- Hundreds of motorcycles set to rumble through the Tri-State
- Fort Branch Community Festival set for next month