Mater Dei hires new volleyball coach | Sports & Recreation
Mater Dei has hired Ashley King as its next volleyball coach. She's a recent graduate of USI where she played the position of setter for the Eagles during a four-year career.
King graduated from Columbus North where she earned seven varsity letters in volleyball and track.
She joins a program that has won the last three sectional tournaments and was city co-champ in 2012.
"We're excited to bring in a new, young coach at Mater Dei to lead our program," said athletic director Joe Herrmann. "Obviously we've had some success in volleyball and the expectations will remain high."
"I am excited to now be a part of the Mater Dei coaching staff and hope to bring great success to this already successful program," King said. "I come from a team where we ran a fast offense. I will incorporate that now into the way Mater Dei volleyball is run. I am excited to meet the girls and their parents and then be on our way to a successful season."
Top West Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Rain halted district baseball game to resume today
- KY magazine partners with celebrated O'boro artist to create issue cover
- Public Meeting on KY 144 reconstruction in Daviess County scheduled for Thursday
- Owensboro artist's work on cover of Kentucky Monthly
- Seven Hills neighborhood hosting annual Yard Sale Fiesta next month