Daniel Wertz students collecting "Pennies for Patients" | Schools
Students at Daniel Wertz School on Evansville's west side are in the middle of a war-- a penny war!
Today students attended a kick-off assembly for their Pennies for Patients program. For the next two weeks they're being asked to bring in pennies for the Leukemia Society. That money will benefit patients with leukemia or lymphoma.
This year the school's goal is $350. Each class is competing to see who can bring in the most pennies. The winning class will get to celebrate with a pizza party.
The Pennies for Patients drive is being coordinated through teacher and cancer survivor Benjamin Hester. It wraps up on January 18th.
Good luck to all students!
Top West Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Jason Perry faces murder charge in Princeton restaurant parking lot shooting
- Friend of Princeton shooting victim speaks to 14 News
- Living in Tornado Alley means underground shelters for local residents
- Hundreds of motorcycles set to rumble through the Tri-State
- Fort Branch Community Festival set for next month