West side teacher named Peabody Leader in Education | Schools
Theresa Berendes, principal of Resurrection School, has been named a Peabody Energy Leader in Education.
The program rewards education professionals "who inspire youth to succeed".
Berendes was scheduled to receive the award Wednesday afternoon.
"She tirelessly supports and empowers her staff at Resurrection in their quest to create a positive, challenging and inspiring environment for students to learn and grow." said Daryl Hagan, superintendent of Catholic Schools for the Diocese of Evansville.
Top West Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning