Wanted man accused of beating woman with rubber mallet | News
EVANSVILLE, IN (WFIE)- Evansville Police say they have one man in custody and are searching for another after a short car chase leads to a wreck and two men fleeing from police.
Police say it happened around 6:40 a.m. Thursday morning. short car chase 6:41
EPD says officers attempted to pull over a car for running a red light near Walnut and Boeke when they say the car sped away.
Police say a short chase followed lasting only about 30 seconds. Officers say the chase ended just a few blocks away near the Lloyd and Boeke when the suspect vehicle hit another car.
EPD says two male suspects in the fled on foot towards Hartke Pool.
Authorities say officers were able to quickly apprehend the driver of the vehicle, Jerald Clark III, who police say is a habitual traffic violator, but are still looking for the second suspect.
EPD says the second suspect they are looking for is 29-year-old Matthew Scott Dunn. Police say Dunn is wanted for Felony Battery for an incident that took place Tuesday night at Woodcreek Apartments. Police say Dunn is suspected of beating a female with a rubber mallet until she lost consciousness.
Police searched the area for Dunn with a K-9 unit. EPD says anyone with information on Dunn's location is asked to call 911.
EPD says Clark is charged with Resisting Law Enforcement CL-D Felony, Driving while being a Habitual Traffic Violator CL-D Felony, and Hit and Run CL-A Misdemeanor.
The driver of the car that the suspects crashed into told police she did not need medical treatment. A female passenger in the suspect's car was taken to St. Mary's for treatment of unknown injuries.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top West Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning