Fuel frustration: Gas prices jump...again | News
Gas prices jumped about 20 cents overnight--the second major hike in the last week. Around Evansville, prices have hit $3.87 per gallon in most locations, with Sam's Club a few cents cheaper.
Just a month ago, gas was selling for around $3.29 per gallon.
What's causing the ongoing increases? There's a little more stability in the middle east and no troubled refineries. It seems that a rising stock market and some economic optimism are fueling speculators who are driving prices upward. At least that's according to Patrick DeHaan of Gas Buddy. Here's what he has to say on the subject.
Top West Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Name of mother shot and killed in Princeton released
- Jason Perry faces murder charge in Princeton restaurant parking lot shooting
- Friend of Princeton shooting victim speaks to 14 News
- Living in Tornado Alley means underground shelters for local residents
- Hundreds of motorcycles set to rumble through the Tri-State