Blown transformer to blame for Vanderburgh Co. power outage | News
VANDERBURGH CO., IN (WFIE)- A large power outage left many without power in Vanderburgh County.
Vectren says a blown transformer at the Folz Road substation was the cause of the northwest outage.
They say power is starting to come back on as restoration continues.
At one point, Vectren reported around 7,200 customers without power.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top West Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning