Evansville police department recognizes outstanding officer | News
EVANSVILLE, IN (WFIE)- The Evansville Police Department awarded their Field Training Officer of the Year today.
Officer Jared LaFollette received his award for an outstanding job training new hires.
While in the department's motor patrol division, he instructed classes for traffic stop techniques, field sobriety tests, and firearms.
This is his second time receiving this award.
He last received it in 2010.
"It's a peer award, so that means the guys I actually work with selected me for the award," says LaFollette. "We have a great unit, the guys do a great job, and honestly it could have been any of those guys or girls that got the award, so, it's a good honor."
At the beginning of the year, Officer LaFollette was transferred to the crime prevention unit where he is now responsible for working with the Tepe Park and Glenwood neighborhoods.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top West Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning