EFD fire truck involved in accident on the way to fire | News
EVANSVILLE, IN (WFIE)- A fire truck was on its way to a house fire on the west side of Evansville when it was involved in a traffic accident.
Fire crews were on the way to a house fire in the 3300 block of Hartmetz Ave. when they were involved in an accident with a car at the intersection of St. Joe and the Lloyd Expressway.
The truck, with lights on, was turning left onto St. Joe from the Lloyd Expressway when it hit a car traveling north on St. Joe.
No one was hurt. EFD spokesperson Dan Grimm told 14 News the fire truck was drivable, but the car was towed away. The truck came from station three.
Crews did make it to the fire that broke out just before 2:00 p.m. Authorities say no one was home at the time. A passerby saw smoke and called 911.
Fire investigators say the fire started in the kitchen but are still trying to determine the source.
Firefighters had the fire out in three minutes. Authorities say the house is for sale.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top West Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Princeton company gets medical, sfety contract for Colorado pipeline project
- Everything you need to know about Haubstadt Sommerfest 2013
- New picnic tables coming to 4-H Center as part of Sears promotion
- County seeks legal opinion on road's status
- Gibson Co. accident claims life of young girl, injures family