'Don't Txt and Drive' teaches powerful message to students | News
EVANSVILLE, IN (WFIE)- Mater Dei students took a pledge on Wednesday to not text and drive.
"I thought the presentation was really powerful. It was definitely hard to watch at times but I think it's something that we need to see because texting and driving is a huge threat to teenagers today," senior Sarah Kercher said.
"Just talking on your cell phone is a major distraction. I can only hope that we will have a law that prohibits that, but really until we have a law that tells people that they can't talk and drive, we are going to continue to have some major issues on our highways," ISP's Todd Ringle said.
Also, if anyone is interested in having St. Mary's present to their school or business, call St. Mary's Trauma Services at 812-485-6817 to schedule an assembly or presentation.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top West Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning