Man arrested; woman taken to hospital following hit and run accident | News
EVANSVILLE, IN (WFIE)- EPD says a man is arrested and a woman taken to the hospital after a hit and run accident in the 500 block of 4th Ave.
Police say a gray Chevy Tahoe was going north on 4th Ave. and slammed into a white mini van knocking it into a utility pole.
EPD says the driver of the Tahoe then backed up the vehicle and fled from the scene.
Officials say they caught up with the Tahoe going south on Fulton and stopped it underneath the Lloyd Expressway overpass.
Authorities say the driver was arrested on hit and run and alcohol charges.
Officials say the driver of the mini van was complaining of neck and leg pain and was taken by ambulance to an area hospital for treatment.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top West Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning