Boil advisory for part of west side lifted | News
**UPDATE: Boil advisory has been lifted as of 1/7/13**
Due to a main break on N Craig Ave. the Evansville Water Utility is issuing a precautionary boil advisory.
The following areas are included:
All of Western Hills Subdivision
N Craig Ave from Upper Mt Vernon to the dead end
N Helfrich Ave from Upper Mt Vernon to Clement St
W Columbia St from N Helfrich Ave to N Craig Ave
W Maryland St from Western Ave to N Craig Ave
W Oregon St from Wester Ave to the dead end
Western Ave from Beale St to the dead end
Beale St from Western Ave to the dead end
N Bosse Ave from Clement St to Western Ave
Werner Ave from Clement St to Western Ave
Clement St from N Helfrich to Terrace Ave
Genesta Dr from Clement St to the dead end
Terrace Ave from Clement St to the dead end
While the potential for contamination of the drinking water is unlikely, the Evansville Water Utility is advising customers in the affected area to bring all cooking and drinking water to a complete boil for fiveminutes before using. Please continue to boil all cooking and drinking water until we notify you that it is no longer necessary.
The Evansville Water Utility is implementing this precautionary boil advisory based upon information within the Water Supply Industry regarding additional precautionary steps that may safeguard the health of public water supply system customers. The conditions regarding this issue and the magnitude of the affected area warrant these additional precautionary measures.
Further information regarding this issue may be obtained by calling the Water Department/Allens Lane at 421-2130.
Top West Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning