Boil advisory issued for portion of west side | News
A precautionary boil advisory has been issued for a section of the west side of Evansville.
Evansville Water Utility says because of a main break on North Red Bank Road, the following areas included in this advisory are North Red Bank Road from 2804 to 2013 and all of Westhaven Subdivision and Barbara Jane Lane.
Water officials say while the potential for contamination of the drinking water is unlikely, they advise customers in the affected area to bring all cooking and drinking water to a complete boil for five minutes before using.
They ask for those in this area to please continue to boil all cooking and drinking water until further notice.
Copyright 2012 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top West Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning