Boil advisory issued for part of Evansville's west side | News
EVANSVILLE, IN (WFIE)- Due to a main break on Mahrenholz Avenue, the Evansville Water Utility is issuing a precautionary boil advisory.
The following areas are included:
- Mahrenholz Avenue from Schutte Road west to Mahrenholz Drive
- Mahrenholz Drive from Mehrenholz Avenue north to dead end
- Holly Drive from Schutte Road east to dead end.
- Walling Drive from Schutte Road east to dead end
- Lucust Wood Lane from Schutte Road east to dead end.
While the potential for contamination of the drinking water is unlikely, the Evansville Water Utility is advising customers in the affected area to bring all cooking and drinking water to a complete boil for five minutes before using.
Please continue to boil all cooking and drinking water until further notice that it is no longer necessary.
Copyright 2012 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top West Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning