EVSC school sees largest drop in ISTEP scores in state | News
EVANSVILLE, IN (WFIE)- ISTEP testing results were released on Tuesday in Indiana, and one Evansville school didn't do too well.
"Teachers look at that data very carefully and if there are certain standards that students by and large are having difficulty with, they will put interventions in place to make sure the students are mastering those standards," said Susan McDowell Riley with the EVSC.
While this school saw a decline in scores, the majority of schools in the state and in Vanderburgh County had great scores.
The scores will be reviewed and letter grades will be given out to schools sometime in August.
Copyright 2012 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top West Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning