Dump truck brings power lines down along Kratzville Road | News
Hundreds of residents in the Kratzville Road area lost power for awhile Tuesday morning after a dump truck snagged some power lines around 8 a.m.
We’re told the driver was pulling out of Locust Hill Mini Storage with his bed up and as he turned south onto Kratzville, the bed ran into the lines. The tension broke the pole and power was lost.
Vectren restored power to most customers within a short period of time, although a few were still without it as of mid-morning.
Kratzville between Buena Vista and Allens Lane was expected to remain closed until a little after 10 a.m.
Top West Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning