Child taken to hospital after being hit by car | News
EVANSVILLE, IN (WFIE)- A child is taken to a hospital after being hit by a car just before 7:30 p.m. Friday evening.
The Vanderburgh County Sheriff's Office says the child's injuries are non-life threatening but he did had a bump on the head.
Deputies say a 19-year-old driver was driving down St. Joe when he saw the child ride out in front of him across Asbury Drive. The driver did slam on the breaks, but still hit the child.
The 19-year-old was taken in for precautionary reason but there's no indication that it was intentional or that the driver wasn't paying attention.
Copyright 2012 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top West Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning