Heavy trash pickup schedule | News
Evansville's Heavy Trash Pick-up is continuing as crews eventually work their way to the west side over the next couple of weeks.
This semi-annual curbside service is available to city residents who pay for trash service with their water bill. Apartment complexes, mobile home communities, and business/commercial customers are not eligible.
Items that will be collected include:
- Must be rolled in sections no longer than 4 ft. and no wider than 2 ft. in diameter
- Sofas, tables, chairs, mattresses, box springs, etc.
- Stoves, refrigerators, washing machines, water heaters, etc.
- Limit two of each type of appliance per household
- Televisions, stereos, etc.
- Building materials/construction debris
Items that will NOT be collected include:
- Any trash that Allied Waste would pick up as part of its regular residential waste collection contract
- Automobile parts
- Hazardous materials
- Computers or accessories
- Concrete blocks or steel poles
The collection schedule and area maps are available on the City's GIS web site – http://www.evansvillegis.com/ – by clicking "Heavy Trash Pickup Dates" on the right.