Stroke screening available at Deaconess on Boehne Camp | Health
The Deaconess Primary Stroke Center and the Deaconess Resource Center are partnering to offer a comprehensive stroke and aneurysm screening event on Saturday, January 19 from 8:00 a.m. to noon at Deaconess Clinic – West, which is located at 545 S. Boehne Camp Road in Evansville.
The comprehensive stroke and aneurysm screening package includes:
• Electrocardiogram (EKG) test
• Stroke/carotid artery ultrasound test
• Abdominal aortic aneurysm ultrasound test
• Ankle/brachial index (ABI) leg/extremity arterial circulation test
This comprehensive screening package is offered at a cost of $159 per person or $249 for two participants. These screenings are “fee-for-service,” and a physician order is not required. The ultrasound tests will be read by board-certified radiologists; participants will be notified of their results at a later date.
Ideal candidates for the screenings include the following: those age 55+, particularly smokers; anyone over 45 with a family history of early stroke aneurysm or heart disease; prior stroke patients; and patients being treated for heart-related issues (high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc.).
To register, sign up online at www.deaconess.com/strokescreenings or call
812-450-6000. Prepayment is required to hold a screening appointment.
Top West Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning