T. Boone Pickens coming to USI for talk | Events
Entrepreneur and philanthropist T. Boone Pickens is coming to USI on April 4. The University also will make a major announcement during the program, which begins at 6:30 p.m. in Carter Hall in the University Center.
Pickens is an oil and gas entrepreneur who grew from humble beginnings in Depression-era Holdenville, Oklahoma, to be one of the nation’s most successful businessmen, gracing the cover of Time and Fortune magazines, and virtually every other major business publication in America.
He first built and led one of the largest independent natural gas and oil companies. Then, at a time in his life when many of his peers retired to the golf course, he reinvented himself by establishing one of the nation’s most successful energy-oriented investment funds.
Pickens has donated nearly $1 billion to charity.
“A Conversation with T. Boone Pickens” is sponsored by the USI College of Business and the USI Foundation. The event is free and open to the public, but seating in Carter Hall will be limited. Pickens’ remarks will be streamed live in locations throughout campus for an overflow audience.
Top West Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning