International Food Expo at USI Friday | Events
The University of Southern Indiana International Club's annual International Food Expo will be held from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday, February 15, in Carter Hall in the University Center.
Through the Food Expo, USI's international students are given the opportunity to celebrate cultural diversity and share their customs with the USI community and the public.
On the menu are dishes from China, El Salvador, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Japan, Botswana, Mali, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Spain, Venezuela, the Philippines, Taiwan, and Turkey. New this year is cuisine from Haiti and Eritrea, a country in the Horn of Africa. Entertainment will include singing, dancing, and a fashion show.
Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 at the door, and $5 for children 12 and under. Children 3 and under will be admitted free. Purchase tickets in the International Programs and Services office, located in University Center East, Room 1235.
Products made by Ugandan women will be available for purchase on a table outside of Carter Hall through the BeadforLife organization.
Top West Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning