Circle K clerk says couple stole from store | Crime
A clerk working third shift at the Circle K on West Columbia called police early Monday morning after reporting a theft.
Police say the clerk told them a man and woman came in just after 1 a.m. and the man tried to purchase five pre-paid VISA cards with a credit card that was denied. The clerk had already activated one of the cards before she found out it had been denied.
She told officers that when she was distracted, the man grabbed the activated VISA card and switched it with a non-activated card and stuck the approved card in his pocket.
While that was going on the clerk says she believes the woman was walking around the store, and putting items in her purse. The clerk told officers she didn't notice the items were missing or the switch of the cards until after the two had left.
It's not known whether surveillance video is available.
Top West Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning