EPD: Shoplifter gets physical, runs from Walmart | Crime
A loss prevention officer at the west side Walmart says a shoplifting suspect became physically and verbally abusive Tuesday morning, then ran from the store.
Police were called to the Red Bank Road store after the officer saw a man put items in a shopping cart, then leave without paying. He was stopped outside the store and brought back inside where the security officer says he became "verbally abusive and uncooperative".
When an office door was opened so prices on the items could be checked, the officer says the suspect used his elbows and shoulders to break a wooden clipboard the officer was carrying, then ran away.
Officers, including a K-9 team, searched the area but couldn't find the suspect. Police say his girlfriend remained behind and provided information to officers who are continuing the investigation.
Top West Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Name of mother shot and killed in Princeton released
- Jason Perry faces murder charge in Princeton restaurant parking lot shooting
- Friend of Princeton shooting victim speaks to 14 News
- Living in Tornado Alley means underground shelters for local residents
- Hundreds of motorcycles set to rumble through the Tri-State