Friday is National Donut Day | Business
Friday is National Donut Day and some local shops are celebrating by giving away one freebie. Kempf's Donut Bank is handing out the tasty treats with any other purchase.
Dunkin Donuts in Owensboro is giving a free donut of any kind as long as you buy a beverage.
All Krispy Kreme US shops including the one on Burkhardt Road are handing theirs out free with no purchase required--any variety you like.
National Donut Day is always celebrated on the first Friday of June each year, and was originally established in 1938 by the Chicago Salvation Army to honor women who served donuts to soldiers during World War I.
Top West Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning