1957 Reitz band members will finally get their letters | Arts & Culture
Better late than never. Some 55 years after their letters arrived in damaged condition, members of the 1957 Reitz High School band will get replacements.
The Reitz High School Class of 1957 will be holding their 55th class reunion on Friday, September 28, and Saturday, September 29. Several members will be attending the Reitz/North football game on Friday. Nine of those members were in the band at Reitz.
For some reason, the original letters were never reordered or received by band members. That will change next weekend thanks to the cooperation of Reitz band director, Wil Schulze and Athletic Director, Beth Hagan. The nine band members will be presented their letters at halftime and play with the current band before the game.
At 73 years of age, some of the members of the 1957 class will be playing their school song one more time.
A few of the nine band members have a grandchild in the marching band this year. They will join Schulze in presenting the letter to their grandparent.
Top West Side Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run for the Wall: Riders to pass through area next week
- Gibson County man shoots, kills pit bull in front of multiple children
- Three SW Indiana bridges being named after local troopers who died in the line of duty
- Additional charges filed against Gibson Co. murder suspect
- Patoka River levels continue to drop
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning